Sunday 4 April 2010

The Boy Speaks



Some gems from the boy, to cheer your Easter.

'Mummy, my friends were so surprised to hear that you are 41! You look so much younger, like everyone says you look about 39!' 

*  *  *

Boy: 'No, I don't want any stuffing with my turkey. Why would anyone want to eat cotton wool?' 
Me: 'I'm sorry, did you say cotton wool?' 
Boy: 'Yes, isn't that what they stuff dead animals with?'
Me: 'Only if they are taxidermists, not cooks.'
Boy: 'Oh. I still don't want any.'

*  *  *

'Hey, Mummy, how come you always make such good gravy at Christmas and Easter?'
Which leaves me wondering what's wrong with my gravy the rest of the time.

*  *  *

Daddy: 'I'm going to my school reunion next week. Some of my old teachers will be there.'
Boy: 'What, they're still alive?'

3 comments: